The 2014 Grammys
Were the best moments overshadowed by embarrassing shenanigans?
I wasn't able to watch the Grammys on my TV here at ETSU, and so I was forced to watch more House Hunters International that night.
Through YouTube, I've been able to get the highlights of this year's Grammys, from Taylor Swift's awkwardness to Macklemore's emotional performance.
Taylor Swift - thinking she won the album of the year as well as her strange dancing - has made her the subject of ridicule.
To be honest, it was kind of funny, but I still feel embarrassed with her.
To want so badly to win the album of the year, to getting excited at the very last minute that you have one only to have realized you didn't, then embarrassing yourself in front of millions? I would cry. But that's why I'm me and not Taylor Swift.
Although I'm sure she felt like crying for a few reasons.
I loved the performance Macklemore gave on stage with his song, "Same Love."
I seriously felt like crying watching that. All of these different couples getting married in front of millions with moving music in the background - that was beautiful.
I didn't really like Madonna's part in the song, but that didn't take away from how moving it was.
It was given a standing ovation as it should, and felt like it wasn't given as much hype as it should have.
Heck, Taylor Swift's breakdown was probably given more hype than Macklemore's performance.
One other performance that I really enjoyed was Pink's unbelievable dance in the air.
You know the performance they usually do in circuses with the cloth that hangs from the ceiling the dancers dance in the air with?
The name of that kind of performance escapes me at the moment, but Pink not only did that, but sang as well during her careful mid-air acrobatics.
That is true talent.
Though much like Macklemore's performance, that wasn't talked about nearly as much as it should have been.
In fact, it's hardly talked about at all. I had to dig through YouTube and other news sites to find her mid-air performance. It's underrated, but it was great.
I may have felt cheated not getting the Grammys on my TV here, but thanks to technology and possibly some illegal recording of the Grammy performances, I was able to get in on a great show and participate in what everyone was talking about all over Facebook while I bitterly watched a dumb American couple try to buy a condo in France.
Overall, it was a lovely show.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- University cleared after being accused of research missteps, plans to improve
- The Jubilee solution will eliminate the student loan crisis
- SGA has insight for students
- Public safety waiting for info on sexual assaults
- Halloween movies to impress moviegoers
- Defining your measure of worth
- Small groups can turn into big voices
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!