The 2014 Grammys
Were the best moments overshadowed by embarrassing shenanigans?
I wasn't able to watch the Grammys on my TV here at ETSU, and so I was forced to watch more House Hunters International that night.
Through YouTube, I've been able to get the highlights of this year's Grammys, from Taylor Swift's awkwardness to Macklemore's emotional performance.
Taylor Swift - thinking she won the album of the year as well as her strange dancing - has made her the subject of ridicule.
To be honest, it was kind of funny, but I still feel embarrassed with her.
To want so badly to win the album of the year, to getting excited at the very last minute that you have one only to have realized you didn't, then embarrassing yourself in front of millions? I would cry. But that's why I'm me and not Taylor Swift.
Although I'm sure she felt like crying for a few reasons.
I loved the performance Macklemore gave on stage with his song, "Same Love."
I seriously felt like crying watching that. All of these different couples getting married in front of millions with moving music in the background - that was beautiful.
I didn't really like Madonna's part in the song, but that didn't take away from how moving it was.
It was given a standing ovation as it should, and felt like it wasn't given as much hype as it should have.
Heck, Taylor Swift's breakdown was probably given more hype than Macklemore's performance.
One other performance that I really enjoyed was Pink's unbelievable dance in the air.
You know the performance they usually do in circuses with the cloth that hangs from the ceiling the dancers dance in the air with?
The name of that kind of performance escapes me at the moment, but Pink not only did that, but sang as well during her careful mid-air acrobatics.
That is true talent.
Though much like Macklemore's performance, that wasn't talked about nearly as much as it should have been.
In fact, it's hardly talked about at all. I had to dig through YouTube and other news sites to find her mid-air performance. It's underrated, but it was great.
I may have felt cheated not getting the Grammys on my TV here, but thanks to technology and possibly some illegal recording of the Grammy performances, I was able to get in on a great show and participate in what everyone was talking about all over Facebook while I bitterly watched a dumb American couple try to buy a condo in France.
Overall, it was a lovely show.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
- Straighten Up if You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”
- Bring Snoop Dogg to Your College Campus