ETSU isn't this cheerleaders stopping point
The 2010 Spring semesters saw many speakers, performers, entertainers and events. Photos contained on our front page are just a few of our favorite moments and events. In this photo, shirts hang across campus to represent the Take Back the Night ceremony. Joel Gerlach
At 20 years old, Alexandra Whitehead is a junior here at ETSU majoring in Business Management. Like many, she is originally from Elizabethton, Tenn. She decided to cheerlead here at ETSU for she had been doing it almost all of her life.
"This year will be my 15th year in cheerleading." Whitehead says. Which means she has been cheerleading for as long as she has been in school, "I was about 6 years old when I had started and just never stopped."
Before coming to ETSU, Coach Brittany Williams encouraged her to come to a few games here at ETSU to see if taking cheerleading into the college level was right for her. "I knew that after watching the cheerleaders during the games that I also wanted to make cheering at ETSU a goal of mine."
She feels that being able to continue her cheerleading career into college is an accomplishment as well. "My biggest accomplishment in cheerleading is having the honor of representing ETSU through my sport." Whitehead said.
Another goal that she has now that she is cheering for ETSU is to continue to improve personally as well as helping the team improve. "Going to tournament this year is another goal of mine. I didn't get to go last year because of an injury, but all the girls talked about how much fun it was so I'm looking forward to it!" Whitehead said.
Cheering for the games is something that she loves about cheering for ETSU, too, "I just absolutely love when the new season comes around and we can show off all the skills we have been working so hard on." She is also very thankful for all the lifelong friendships that she's made while being a member of the cheer squad. As for her goals after ETSU, "I would absolutely love to coach a high school squad one day!"
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU screening travelers to countries with known Ebola outbreaks
- ETSU appoints director of Veterans Affairs
- Organizers finalize Sex Week preparations
- ‘Selma’ mirrors controversies in modern America
- Johnson City Community Theatre will hold auditions for RENT Feb. 15 and 16
- Women’s Studies announces spring Women on Wednesdays lineup
- Lady Bucs conquer Lady Terriers, 69-47
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World