SAAC changes date for budget workshop
Due to inclement weather, the Student Activities Allocation Committee has rescheduled the budget preparation workshop designed to answer applicants' questions concerning the completion of the budget and application necessary to apply for funding.
The workshop will now be held at 3 p.m. Thursday in Meeting Room 3 in the D.P. Culp University Center.
University departments and organizations that wish to receive a portion of the $400,000 allocated for the funding of student activities must submit their applications and budgets by Feb. 28.
To be eligible to receive funds from the SAAC, a department or organization must benefit the entire student body.
Department or organizations interested in taking advantage of the funding opportunity should fill out the SAAC funding application listed at http://www.etsu.edu/students/currentstudents/forms.aspx.
In addition to this application, applicants must submit a budget outlining the department or organization's financial needs for the 2014-15 academic year as an email attachment to the Office of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 p.m. on Feb. 28.
Applicants should receive a confirmation email within two business days of receipt.
If an applicant does not receive confirmation within two business days, a representative of the department or organization should contact the Office of Student Affairs at 423-439-6129.
Sherlin said that once the application period concludes, applicants will have an opportunity to address the committee.
"Everybody gets an opportunity to justify their request in person before the committee," Sherlin said. "Then, the committee makes its decision."
Once the committee hears from the applicants and makes its decision, the committee sends its final suggestions to ETSU President Brian Noland for his approval.
After Noland approves the committee's suggestions, the allocations are placed into an account, to which the applicants will not have access until the next fiscal year, Sherlin said.
Anyone needing additional information about the SAAC should contact Sherlin in person in the student affairs office, Room 352 in the D.P. Culp University Center.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- University cleared after being accused of research missteps, plans to improve
- The Jubilee solution will eliminate the student loan crisis
- SGA has insight for students
- Public safety waiting for info on sexual assaults
- Halloween movies to impress moviegoers
- Defining your measure of worth
- Small groups can turn into big voices
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!