Corazon Latino festival to be held May 3
ETSU's Language and Culture Resource Center and the Hispanic American Student Community Alliance have organized the fifth annual CorazÃ³n Latino Festival on Saturday, May 3, from noon-10 p.m. along Main Street in Jonesborough.
The free public event will begin with a mock "Running of the Bulls," when roller-skating, horn-wearing Little City Roller Girls armed with foam rubber "hooves" will chase those brave enough to challenge them in a sprint down Main Street.
Other entertainment will include Brazilian Fire Dancers at 1 p.m., Latin jazz at 4 p.m., a Latino Pride Parade at 6 p.m., Latin dancing instruction at 7 p.m., and the Main Latino Pop Band at 8 p.m. Food vendors will sell Hispanic specialty foods throughout the day.
Special activities include the CorazÃ³n Sano workshops in Spanish and English offering blood pressure tests, information on common health difficulties, and demonstrations showing cooking traditional Hispanic foods in healthy ways.
The Arte y Cine area features an art walk, storytelling and a Student Film Showcase.
A ChicoZone will provide face painting, bilingual children's stories, an obstacle course and craft projects.
For more information, contact Juan Avila at (423) 439-8352, or visit facebook.com/CorazonLatinoFestival.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Online magazine promotes healthy habits
- Buctainment co-sponsorship of campus events garners greater event attention
- Charles Towne Belles inspires faith
- New exhibitions coming to Reece
- Club soccer team begins at ETSU
- Oshoniyi coaches in 2015 adidas MLS Combine
- I ate my roommate’s girlfriend’s candy, he cried
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor