Corazon Latino festival to be held May 3
ETSU's Language and Culture Resource Center and the Hispanic American Student Community Alliance have organized the fifth annual CorazÃ³n Latino Festival on Saturday, May 3, from noon-10 p.m. along Main Street in Jonesborough.
The free public event will begin with a mock "Running of the Bulls," when roller-skating, horn-wearing Little City Roller Girls armed with foam rubber "hooves" will chase those brave enough to challenge them in a sprint down Main Street.
Other entertainment will include Brazilian Fire Dancers at 1 p.m., Latin jazz at 4 p.m., a Latino Pride Parade at 6 p.m., Latin dancing instruction at 7 p.m., and the Main Latino Pop Band at 8 p.m. Food vendors will sell Hispanic specialty foods throughout the day.
Special activities include the CorazÃ³n Sano workshops in Spanish and English offering blood pressure tests, information on common health difficulties, and demonstrations showing cooking traditional Hispanic foods in healthy ways.
The Arte y Cine area features an art walk, storytelling and a Student Film Showcase.
A ChicoZone will provide face painting, bilingual children's stories, an obstacle course and craft projects.
For more information, contact Juan Avila at (423) 439-8352, or visit facebook.com/CorazonLatinoFestival.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Kristjansson returns for final season on men’s golf team
- Undergrad student focuses on holistic medicine
- Willow Tree offers inviting atmosphere for students
- ETSU gears up for Culp renovations
- Parking services seeking student input
- SGA executive laments lack of legislation
- Tennessee Promise has slight effect on enrollment
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move