Genesis Coupe makes a statement
When the Hyundai Genesis Coupe was first released back in 2009, I couldn't help but be impressed by the vehicle.
When the Genesis Coupe was later followed up with a track-specific package, it immediately vaulted to the top of my "Most Wanted" list.
So here I was, standing in the lot at Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City admiring this finely crafted machine.
The 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe's track package features many upgrades which set it apart from even the base model 3.8-liter coupe and even the track package from the previous model years.
The vehicle's 3.8-liter V6 puts out a whopping 348 horsepower at 6400 rpms with 295 ft pounds of torque at 5300 rpms. The Genesis Track also features 19-inch alloy wheels with a full Brembo brake package.
The Genesis Coupe features a re-amped suspension for the 2013 model year as well as a 0-60 time of 5.2 seconds. Oh, and did I mention the Torsen limited-slip differential?
Bearing all this in mind, I took my usual spot behind the wheel.
One day, I would love to take a car like this out to a track day at VIR or Road Atlanta, because as soon as I got the Genesis Coupe out on the road, the purpose of this vehicle became undoubtedly clear.
This car wanted to go fast.
There are some cars where you can just feel what it wants to do. While the model I drove did not have the six-speed manual transmission that comes on many of the Genesis Tracks, it did have the paddle shifters which were the quickest and most responsive of any vehicle I have ever driven. It felt as though Rhys Millen should be driving this car.
Well, come to think of it, he does.
Cars like the Hyundai Genesis Coupe Track are the kind of car that defines a manufacturer for years to come.
They leave an imprint on automotive history and make a statement that echoes for generations in every car that the company produces.
Seeing where Hyundai is today, I'd venture to say that the Genesis Track does just that.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Online magazine promotes healthy habits
- Buctainment co-sponsorship of campus events garners greater event attention
- Charles Towne Belles inspires faith
- New exhibitions coming to Reece
- Club soccer team begins at ETSU
- Oshoniyi coaches in 2015 adidas MLS Combine
- I ate my roommate’s girlfriend’s candy, he cried
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor