Genesis Coupe makes a statement
When the Hyundai Genesis Coupe was first released back in 2009, I couldn't help but be impressed by the vehicle.
When the Genesis Coupe was later followed up with a track-specific package, it immediately vaulted to the top of my "Most Wanted" list.
So here I was, standing in the lot at Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City admiring this finely crafted machine.
The 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe's track package features many upgrades which set it apart from even the base model 3.8-liter coupe and even the track package from the previous model years.
The vehicle's 3.8-liter V6 puts out a whopping 348 horsepower at 6400 rpms with 295 ft pounds of torque at 5300 rpms. The Genesis Track also features 19-inch alloy wheels with a full Brembo brake package.
The Genesis Coupe features a re-amped suspension for the 2013 model year as well as a 0-60 time of 5.2 seconds. Oh, and did I mention the Torsen limited-slip differential?
Bearing all this in mind, I took my usual spot behind the wheel.
One day, I would love to take a car like this out to a track day at VIR or Road Atlanta, because as soon as I got the Genesis Coupe out on the road, the purpose of this vehicle became undoubtedly clear.
This car wanted to go fast.
There are some cars where you can just feel what it wants to do. While the model I drove did not have the six-speed manual transmission that comes on many of the Genesis Tracks, it did have the paddle shifters which were the quickest and most responsive of any vehicle I have ever driven. It felt as though Rhys Millen should be driving this car.
Well, come to think of it, he does.
Cars like the Hyundai Genesis Coupe Track are the kind of car that defines a manufacturer for years to come.
They leave an imprint on automotive history and make a statement that echoes for generations in every car that the company produces.
Seeing where Hyundai is today, I'd venture to say that the Genesis Track does just that.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Agency Finds Niche for Clients With Small Budgets
- Not Seeing a Chiropractor Could Cost You
- Steampunk Steamrolls Into Living Rooms Nationwide
- Modern-Day Party Do's and Don'ts
- Taking Care of Your Child's Eyes in Today's Digitally...
- Will the Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Survey Shows Americans' Views on Dental Hygiene Differ by...
- Fire Away: How to Prepare For Hunting Season
- Novel Program Brings Hope to African Nation
- What Health Care Really Costs
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS