2005 Mustang represents heritage of Ford Motor Co.
A free public lecture and performance by Phillip Rhodes will be held at ETSU on Thursday, Oct. 8, at 4. 30 p.m. in Room 107 of Mathes Hall.
What's in a name? What's in a logo?
For over 100 years, Ford Motor Co. has represented one of the pinnacles of the American spirit and ambition.
The Ford Mustang has long been one of the most iconic cars the company's history and many argue it was the vehicle that kick-started the "Muscle" or "Ponycar" era. The very iconic Mustang symbol has embedded itself into the hearts of mainstream America
Today, the Ford Mustang offers a refined combination of practicality and power that is well-suited to today's society. I have driven a few Mustangs throughout my life and I have yet to be disappointed by a single one that I have driven.
I recently got a hold of a 2005 Ford Mustang GT that I was able to drive for a short time, for the purpose of this series, and it was truly one the best cars that I have ever driven. I liked it even more than the Challenger I wrote about earlier this semester.
Let me say that again: I liked this 2005 Mustang more than a 2010 Dodge Challenger.
Something I truly appreciate about the Mustangs - and Ford in general (perhaps because I am a history minor) - is the rich heritage that Ford brings and how the company is intertwined with some of the biggest advances in our nation's history.
Do you enjoy going out on weekends? You can thank Mr. Henry Ford for being instrumental in creating the five-day work week. Ford was also the company that created the concept of an assembly line, which helped turn America into the industrial megalopolis it would need to be to fight two world wars and make it through an economic depression.
The Mustang (gaining its name from the P-51 Mustang fighter plane) was, in many ways, the realization of a dream for Ford, and the car has stood the test of time.
Many muscle cars have come and gone over the years, some permanently fading away into history. The Mustang, like Ford in general, is an authentic American creation that bears a presence and demands respect like few other cars on the face of this Earth.
So next time you see one of the blue ovals or the iconic Mustang symbol (perhaps you are even considering buying one someday - which I highly recommend), just take a second to soak in all that this car and company represent.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Student tickets go quickly for first football game
- Victory from within at ETSU
- Arts Initiative generates community enthusiasm
- Men’s soccer ends exhibition play with win
- Women’s volleyball predicted to have outstanding season
- Search ongoing for starting quarterback
- Football program boasts memorable history
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Five Tips for Making Your Dorm Room Feel Like Home
- Tinder Reveals Top 50 U.S. College Campuses with Most Popular Men and Women
- Little Known Tips to Pay Less at College Bookstores
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE