2005 Mustang represents heritage of Ford Motor Co.
A free public lecture and performance by Phillip Rhodes will be held at ETSU on Thursday, Oct. 8, at 4. 30 p.m. in Room 107 of Mathes Hall.
What's in a name? What's in a logo?
For over 100 years, Ford Motor Co. has represented one of the pinnacles of the American spirit and ambition.
The Ford Mustang has long been one of the most iconic cars the company's history and many argue it was the vehicle that kick-started the "Muscle" or "Ponycar" era. The very iconic Mustang symbol has embedded itself into the hearts of mainstream America
Today, the Ford Mustang offers a refined combination of practicality and power that is well-suited to today's society. I have driven a few Mustangs throughout my life and I have yet to be disappointed by a single one that I have driven.
I recently got a hold of a 2005 Ford Mustang GT that I was able to drive for a short time, for the purpose of this series, and it was truly one the best cars that I have ever driven. I liked it even more than the Challenger I wrote about earlier this semester.
Let me say that again: I liked this 2005 Mustang more than a 2010 Dodge Challenger.
Something I truly appreciate about the Mustangs - and Ford in general (perhaps because I am a history minor) - is the rich heritage that Ford brings and how the company is intertwined with some of the biggest advances in our nation's history.
Do you enjoy going out on weekends? You can thank Mr. Henry Ford for being instrumental in creating the five-day work week. Ford was also the company that created the concept of an assembly line, which helped turn America into the industrial megalopolis it would need to be to fight two world wars and make it through an economic depression.
The Mustang (gaining its name from the P-51 Mustang fighter plane) was, in many ways, the realization of a dream for Ford, and the car has stood the test of time.
Many muscle cars have come and gone over the years, some permanently fading away into history. The Mustang, like Ford in general, is an authentic American creation that bears a presence and demands respect like few other cars on the face of this Earth.
So next time you see one of the blue ovals or the iconic Mustang symbol (perhaps you are even considering buying one someday - which I highly recommend), just take a second to soak in all that this car and company represent.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!