2005 Mustang represents heritage of Ford Motor Co.
A free public lecture and performance by Phillip Rhodes will be held at ETSU on Thursday, Oct. 8, at 4. 30 p.m. in Room 107 of Mathes Hall.
What's in a name? What's in a logo?
For over 100 years, Ford Motor Co. has represented one of the pinnacles of the American spirit and ambition.
The Ford Mustang has long been one of the most iconic cars the company's history and many argue it was the vehicle that kick-started the "Muscle" or "Ponycar" era. The very iconic Mustang symbol has embedded itself into the hearts of mainstream America
Today, the Ford Mustang offers a refined combination of practicality and power that is well-suited to today's society. I have driven a few Mustangs throughout my life and I have yet to be disappointed by a single one that I have driven.
I recently got a hold of a 2005 Ford Mustang GT that I was able to drive for a short time, for the purpose of this series, and it was truly one the best cars that I have ever driven. I liked it even more than the Challenger I wrote about earlier this semester.
Let me say that again: I liked this 2005 Mustang more than a 2010 Dodge Challenger.
Something I truly appreciate about the Mustangs - and Ford in general (perhaps because I am a history minor) - is the rich heritage that Ford brings and how the company is intertwined with some of the biggest advances in our nation's history.
Do you enjoy going out on weekends? You can thank Mr. Henry Ford for being instrumental in creating the five-day work week. Ford was also the company that created the concept of an assembly line, which helped turn America into the industrial megalopolis it would need to be to fight two world wars and make it through an economic depression.
The Mustang (gaining its name from the P-51 Mustang fighter plane) was, in many ways, the realization of a dream for Ford, and the car has stood the test of time.
Many muscle cars have come and gone over the years, some permanently fading away into history. The Mustang, like Ford in general, is an authentic American creation that bears a presence and demands respect like few other cars on the face of this Earth.
So next time you see one of the blue ovals or the iconic Mustang symbol (perhaps you are even considering buying one someday - which I highly recommend), just take a second to soak in all that this car and company represent.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- University lights campus for holidays
- Pink Floyd to release 'Endless River'
- '22 Jump Street' defies sequel reputation norms
- SGA will try to keep dead week lively
- Disability Services to create new policy increasing volunteer numbers
- ETSU considering two places for fine arts facility
- Fraternity placed under suspension
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge