ETSU, Mercer face off in the Dome Friday
Facing its toughest challenge of the Atlantic Sun Conference schedule so far, the ETSU men's basketball team will host first-place Mercer Friday night inside the ETSU/MSHA Athletic Center.
The game - which was originally scheduled for Thursday night, but was moved due to inclement weather and travel delays - will tip at 7 p.m., and will be available on both the Buccaneer Sports Network radio affiliates and on live video stream at ASun.TV.
The Buccaneers (11-10 overall, 4-4 in A-Sun play) can move into third place in the league standings with a victory, but Mercer (17-5, 8-1) has been the class of the conference so far this season.
In an effort to create the best home court advantage possible for the Bucs, ETSU men's basketball coach Murry Bartow and the athletic department's staff are offering multiple promotions for the game. These offers include free pizza beginning at 6:30 p.m. for all students, and the first 500 students at the game will also receive a free ETSU basketball t-shirt. In addition, Wolf Ridge Resort will be giving away free lift tickets during the game to fans in attendance.
Fans are also encouraged to bring their children to games this year to take advantage of the special Sweet Frogs $5 kids' ticket during men's basketball games.
Also, ETSU will host Kennesaw State on Sunday, Feb. 2 at 2 p.m. In addition, the home game with USC Upstate originally scheduled for Monday, Feb. 3 at 7 p.m., has been postponed, and will be rescheduled at a later date.
Season and reserved seat tickets already purchased for these games will be honored at the door.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses