ETSU, Mercer face off in the Dome Friday
Facing its toughest challenge of the Atlantic Sun Conference schedule so far, the ETSU men's basketball team will host first-place Mercer Friday night inside the ETSU/MSHA Athletic Center.
The game - which was originally scheduled for Thursday night, but was moved due to inclement weather and travel delays - will tip at 7 p.m., and will be available on both the Buccaneer Sports Network radio affiliates and on live video stream at ASun.TV.
The Buccaneers (11-10 overall, 4-4 in A-Sun play) can move into third place in the league standings with a victory, but Mercer (17-5, 8-1) has been the class of the conference so far this season.
In an effort to create the best home court advantage possible for the Bucs, ETSU men's basketball coach Murry Bartow and the athletic department's staff are offering multiple promotions for the game. These offers include free pizza beginning at 6:30 p.m. for all students, and the first 500 students at the game will also receive a free ETSU basketball t-shirt. In addition, Wolf Ridge Resort will be giving away free lift tickets during the game to fans in attendance.
Fans are also encouraged to bring their children to games this year to take advantage of the special Sweet Frogs $5 kids' ticket during men's basketball games.
Also, ETSU will host Kennesaw State on Sunday, Feb. 2 at 2 p.m. In addition, the home game with USC Upstate originally scheduled for Monday, Feb. 3 at 7 p.m., has been postponed, and will be rescheduled at a later date.
Season and reserved seat tickets already purchased for these games will be honored at the door.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Kristjansson returns for final season on men’s golf team
- Undergrad student focuses on holistic medicine
- Willow Tree offers inviting atmosphere for students
- ETSU gears up for Culp renovations
- Parking services seeking student input
- SGA executive laments lack of legislation
- Tennessee Promise has slight effect on enrollment
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move