Gadsden-Gilliard named A-Sun player of the week
The Atlantic Sun Conference office announced Monday that senior forward Kinard Gadsden-Gilliard of Georgetown, S.C., has been named the league's player of the week.
Gadsden-Gilliard, who produced two solid performances in wins over North Florida and Jacksonville, averaged 18 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game for the week.
More importantly, KGG hit the game-winning shot with nine seconds remaining to push ETSU to 4-4 in league play and 11-10 overall.
This is the first career A-Sun POTW honor for Gadsden-Gilliard, who scored 19 points in the win over North Florida and 17 in the victory over Jacksonville.
For the week, he shot an efficient 13-of-24 (54.2 percent) from the field, and an even more impressive 5-of-6 (83 percent) from 3-point range.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Not Seeing a Chiropractor Could Cost You
- Steampunk Steamrolls Into Living Rooms Nationwide
- Modern-Day Party Do's and Don'ts
- Taking Care of Your Child's Eyes in Today's Digitally...
- Will the Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Survey Shows Americans' Views on Dental Hygiene Differ by...
- Fire Away: How to Prepare For Hunting Season
- Novel Program Brings Hope to African Nation
- What Health Care Really Costs
- Millennials Cited for Rise in ETF Popularity
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS