Johnson City has plenty of events this summer
It's finally summer for East Tennessee State University, but the fun doesn't have to stop. Everyone will be out enjoying the weather.
Whether that means cramming for your summer classes, or just enjoying your time off, take a moment to go and see some of the entertainment options Johnson City has to offer this summer.
The variety of events include: Disney on Ice: Dare to Dream May 9-12 at varying time slots at the Freedom Hall Civic Center.
This high-budget, family-oriented show involving singing and dancing from everyone's favorite Disney characters (from the princesses to Mickey's crew) will be a great option for anyone with kids. Freedom Hall will also be hosting a WWE: Live event on Saturday, June 8 for anyone ready to see some serious trash talking and theatrical fighting.
The Friends of Olde Downtown will be hosting several events in the upcoming months. On June 7-9, the Blue Plum Festival will be held. This event describes itself as "one of the South's largest FREE outdoor music and arts Festivals!"
July 5 will be Paint the Town Red, White and Blue. This festival will include live music, children's activities and patriotic fun.
On Sept. 6, The Friends of Olde Downtown are calling all Contra dances to help break a world record for Contra dancing, gathering on main street.
If you're one for music, summer is to the time to hit the local shows. With all the college bands finally having time to tour, local venues (such as The Acoustic Coffee House, Capone's and Chrome) will be booking bands all summer long.
Be sure to keep an eye out for new album releases, too.
Daft Punk, Switchfoot, Coheed and Cambria, Dream Theater, Mariah Carey, Jimmy Eat World, The Lonely Island and MGMT are just some of the bands planning to release an album this summer, so keep your ears open!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!