SAAC offers funding for student activities
The Student Activities Allocations Committee is now accepting applications from university departments and organizations that wish to receive a portion of the $400,000 allocated for the funding of student activities.
To be elligible to receive funds from the SAAC, a department or organization must benefit the entire student body.
Department or organizations interested in taking advantage of the funding opportunity should fill out the SAAC funding application listed at http://www.etsu.edu/students/currentstudents/forms.aspx. In addition to this application, applicants must submit a budget outlining the department or organization's financial needs for the 2014-15 academic year as an email attachment to the Office of Student Affairs at email@example.com by 4:30 p.m. on Feb. 28.
Applicants should receive a confirmation email within two business days of receipt. If an applicant does not receive confirmation within two business days, a representative of the department or organization should contact the Office of Student Affairs at 423-439-6129.
A budget preparation workshop is scheduled for 3 p.m. on Jan. 29 in Meeting Room 3 of the D.P. Culp University Center.
SAAC Chairman Joe Sherlin said that the workshop is designed to answer questions concerning the completion of the budget and application.
Sherlin said that once the application period concludes, applicants will have an opportunity to address the committee.
"Everybody gets an opportunity to justify their request in person before the committee," said Joe Sherlin, SAAC chairman. "Then, the committee makes its decision."
Once the committee hears from the applicants and makes its decision, the committee sends its final suggestions to ETSU President Brian Noland for his approval. After Noland approves the committee's suggestions, the allocations are placed into an account, to which the applicants will not have access until the next fiscal year, Sherlin said.
Anyone needing additional information about the SAAC should contact Sherlin in person in the student affairs office, located in Room 352 in the D.P. Culp University Center, or call 423-439-6129.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now