NES Remix puts a twist on classics
NES Remix is a downloadable Wii U exclusive that twists classic Nintendo games with a frantic pace and mission-minigames.
Using savestates to string together quick challenges is a really cool concept, and NES Remix pulls it off well. Doing a Zelda boss run, going BACK to the start of a Donkey Kong level, and finally being able to use a Starman on Bowser ... this is a fun package.
Plus, it actually does a really good job of teaching you how to play these games. Conveyance wasn't really a strong suit of the industry in the early '80s.
You have to remember that the entire foundation of NES Remix is built on games that are almost three decades old. They don't always hold up well, especially if you didn't grow up on them.
I also think the game selection here really hurts it. Mario and Zelda are awesome, and it's fine to put some lesser-known stuff in there, but it feels like the package is made up MOSTLY of second-tier titles.
I had a lot of fun with NES Remix. I hope it gets some downloadable content.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care