NES Remix puts a twist on classics
NES Remix is a downloadable Wii U exclusive that twists classic Nintendo games with a frantic pace and mission-minigames.
Using savestates to string together quick challenges is a really cool concept, and NES Remix pulls it off well. Doing a Zelda boss run, going BACK to the start of a Donkey Kong level, and finally being able to use a Starman on Bowser ... this is a fun package.
Plus, it actually does a really good job of teaching you how to play these games. Conveyance wasn't really a strong suit of the industry in the early '80s.
You have to remember that the entire foundation of NES Remix is built on games that are almost three decades old. They don't always hold up well, especially if you didn't grow up on them.
I also think the game selection here really hurts it. Mario and Zelda are awesome, and it's fine to put some lesser-known stuff in there, but it feels like the package is made up MOSTLY of second-tier titles.
I had a lot of fun with NES Remix. I hope it gets some downloadable content.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!