Torbush announces first ETSU football recruiting class
ETSU head football coach Carl Torbush announced the program's first recruiting class during a historic media event Wednesday at the Millennium Centre in Johnson City.
The overall class includes 46 commitments, 34 of whom are from the state of Tennessee, along with other players from Florida, Georgia, Ohio, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. In addition, 73 percent of the class had a high school grade point average of 3.0 or better, and as a group there are 14 state champions.
Torbush said he was extremely pleased with the work of his two-man coaching staff and thankful for the support of others who helped make this recruiting class so successful.
Read Monday's issue of the East Tennessean for more detail about the recruiting class announcement.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...