Men's golf ties for 9th at Sea Best Invitational
Sophomores Adrian Meronk and Chris Hickman led the ETSU men's golf team as the Buccaneers finished tied for ninth at the Sea Best Invitational on Tuesday afternoon from the PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass.
Meronk and Hickman tied for 31st, while the 48th-ranked Bucs registered a team score of 927 (303-311-313) en route to tying with host Jacksonville in ETSU's first tournament of 2014.
Meronk began the final round with consecutive birdies but ended up carding a 78 to finish the tournament at 15-over 231 (76-77-78), while Hickman played the final seven holes of the third round at 1-under to record a 3-over 75. The Centreville, Md., native posted a 76 in the opening round and concluded Tuesday's second round with an 80.
Liberty and North Florida finished tied in team scoring at 22-over 886, but the 36th-ranked Flames were recognized as the overall champion due to recording a lower third round score at 9-over 297, while the Ospreys carded a 16-over 304.
UNF's Austin Padova and Texas A&M's Greg Yates tied for the individual championship at even-par 216.
The Bucs return to action on Sunday, Feb. 23 when ETSU heads to San Juan for the Puerto Rico Classic.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Kristjansson returns for final season on men’s golf team
- Undergrad student focuses on holistic medicine
- Willow Tree offers inviting atmosphere for students
- ETSU gears up for Culp renovations
- Parking services seeking student input
- SGA executive laments lack of legislation
- Tennessee Promise has slight effect on enrollment
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move