Men's golf ties for 9th at Sea Best Invitational
Sophomores Adrian Meronk and Chris Hickman led the ETSU men's golf team as the Buccaneers finished tied for ninth at the Sea Best Invitational on Tuesday afternoon from the PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass.
Meronk and Hickman tied for 31st, while the 48th-ranked Bucs registered a team score of 927 (303-311-313) en route to tying with host Jacksonville in ETSU's first tournament of 2014.
Meronk began the final round with consecutive birdies but ended up carding a 78 to finish the tournament at 15-over 231 (76-77-78), while Hickman played the final seven holes of the third round at 1-under to record a 3-over 75. The Centreville, Md., native posted a 76 in the opening round and concluded Tuesday's second round with an 80.
Liberty and North Florida finished tied in team scoring at 22-over 886, but the 36th-ranked Flames were recognized as the overall champion due to recording a lower third round score at 9-over 297, while the Ospreys carded a 16-over 304.
UNF's Austin Padova and Texas A&M's Greg Yates tied for the individual championship at even-par 216.
The Bucs return to action on Sunday, Feb. 23 when ETSU heads to San Juan for the Puerto Rico Classic.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care