Men's golf ties for 9th at Sea Best Invitational
Sophomores Adrian Meronk and Chris Hickman led the ETSU men's golf team as the Buccaneers finished tied for ninth at the Sea Best Invitational on Tuesday afternoon from the PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass.
Meronk and Hickman tied for 31st, while the 48th-ranked Bucs registered a team score of 927 (303-311-313) en route to tying with host Jacksonville in ETSU's first tournament of 2014.
Meronk began the final round with consecutive birdies but ended up carding a 78 to finish the tournament at 15-over 231 (76-77-78), while Hickman played the final seven holes of the third round at 1-under to record a 3-over 75. The Centreville, Md., native posted a 76 in the opening round and concluded Tuesday's second round with an 80.
Liberty and North Florida finished tied in team scoring at 22-over 886, but the 36th-ranked Flames were recognized as the overall champion due to recording a lower third round score at 9-over 297, while the Ospreys carded a 16-over 304.
UNF's Austin Padova and Texas A&M's Greg Yates tied for the individual championship at even-par 216.
The Bucs return to action on Sunday, Feb. 23 when ETSU heads to San Juan for the Puerto Rico Classic.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- System recognizes gender spectrum
- ETSU Pride Band opens for Krüger Brothers
- Inclement weather makes it possible for editor to spend more time with...
- RTVF students to present original films
- Bucs end regular season with loss to Mercer
- ETSU split wins with visiting Butler
- Tennis dominates Tennessee Tech in convincing style
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone