Bucs rallied, fell short to Lipscomb
The Bucs played rival Lipscomb and were unable to contain their high-scoring offense. They lost two out of three games this weekend. James Edgar
With a 15-20 record, the ETSU softball team has struggled to find wins this season.
Before they could travel to Nashville to play conference rival Lipscomb, ETSU would have to play a home double header with Presbyterian College Blue Hose Thursday Night.
Siegler pitched seven innings for the Blue Hose and only gave up five runs to ETSU the whole game.
ETSU started game one off slow and rallied back to take the lead late in the game, but it was not enough.
Erin Gruff hit a grand slam in the seventh inning, powering the Blue Hose to an 8-5 win over the Bucs.
ETSU would have to take the field again to finish up the series.
The Bucs would play a much better defensive game as Taylor Carter pitched the whole game, and only gave up one run in the second inning.
Carter had a night to remember in the second game, pitching her eleventh complete game from the mound and also hitting a three-run homer.
She was not the only player who shined in the second game. Jackie Baird became the program's all-time leader in single season home runs, getting her 13th home run Tuesday night.
Her solo home run in the sixth inning helped secure the 5-1 win for the Bucs.
The next home series will be this Tuesday night against Appalachian State.
The Bucs are 4-10 in the conference and looking to pick up the pace this weekend against North Florida at home.
They still have 21 games left on the year, and the conference tournament in May.
They have not fared very well on their road trip to Nashville this weekend, losing the first two games of a three game series, but the season isn't over yet, and the Bucs aren't backing down.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!