Financial aid Fast Pass speeds process
Since January 2013, students have been able to speed up the duration of their visits to the ETSU Office of Financial Aid with a policy called the Fast Pass System.
"The program is very effective because students can make appointments at their own convenience," said Lisa Bell, an assistant director in the Office of Financial Aid.
"They don't have to wait in line, and as a result, visits are easier on a lot of students."
Normally, students would have two options: call and make an appointment or wait in line for five, 10 or 15 minutes during busy months to see an adviser.
Now, students can make an appointment online at a time specifically convenient for them.
Students with Fast Pass appointments can avoid the line by checking in at a separate desk set up outside the office.
Online appointments are available during the busy months of the semester, between June 1 and Sept. 30 in the fall, and January during the spring.
Students can call the office anytime during the year to schedule an appointment; however, online requests are only available for specified months.
"Honestly, students have always been able to make appointments to see financial aid counselors, but over the past few years students have a shown a tendency against that," Bell said.
"They just wanted to come see a counselor when they wanted to see a counselor."
In an attempt to benefit a greater number of students, the office has been attempting to generate wider knowledge.
"We mention the Fast Pass to parents during orientation," Bell said.
"We also send out monthly emails about general information. Sometimes we include information about the Fast Pass, but we start doing that routinely in June."
Currently, the office has three counselors available to see students who make Fast Pass appointments.
Counselors are assigned depending on the student's requested time slot.
"Students need simply to visit Fast Pass webpage, make the appointment, and then they will be assigned to a counselor who's available for their requested time," Bell said.
More information is available on the Office of Financial Aid webpage.
The Fast Pass link is located in the top right corner of the page.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU officials say university will focus on preventing sexual assaults
- University selects new dean of students
- Ohio parents’ beliefs cost daughter her life
- SGA president discusses issues of importance
- ‘Do One Thing’ helps environment; monument meant to inspire students to...
- Guest pianist Myer will play at ETSU
- Lady Bucs are 3-0 in conference with win against UNCG Spartans
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
- 5 Seasonal Invaders and How to Keep Them Out in the Cold
- Not Just a Man's World, Female Entrepreneurs Are Making...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World