Financial aid Fast Pass speeds process
Since January 2013, students have been able to speed up the duration of their visits to the ETSU Office of Financial Aid with a policy called the Fast Pass System.
"The program is very effective because students can make appointments at their own convenience," said Lisa Bell, an assistant director in the Office of Financial Aid.
"They don't have to wait in line, and as a result, visits are easier on a lot of students."
Normally, students would have two options: call and make an appointment or wait in line for five, 10 or 15 minutes during busy months to see an adviser.
Now, students can make an appointment online at a time specifically convenient for them.
Students with Fast Pass appointments can avoid the line by checking in at a separate desk set up outside the office.
Online appointments are available during the busy months of the semester, between June 1 and Sept. 30 in the fall, and January during the spring.
Students can call the office anytime during the year to schedule an appointment; however, online requests are only available for specified months.
"Honestly, students have always been able to make appointments to see financial aid counselors, but over the past few years students have a shown a tendency against that," Bell said.
"They just wanted to come see a counselor when they wanted to see a counselor."
In an attempt to benefit a greater number of students, the office has been attempting to generate wider knowledge.
"We mention the Fast Pass to parents during orientation," Bell said.
"We also send out monthly emails about general information. Sometimes we include information about the Fast Pass, but we start doing that routinely in June."
Currently, the office has three counselors available to see students who make Fast Pass appointments.
Counselors are assigned depending on the student's requested time slot.
"Students need simply to visit Fast Pass webpage, make the appointment, and then they will be assigned to a counselor who's available for their requested time," Bell said.
More information is available on the Office of Financial Aid webpage.
The Fast Pass link is located in the top right corner of the page.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- For Love of the Game -- Smokeless Tobacco Still a Part of...
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards