Bucs host Appalachian State in non-conference finale
The ETSU men's tennis team will look to extend its three-match win streak as it hosts Appalachian State Wednesday, March 19 at 2:00 p.m.
The 57th-ranked Buccaneers (6-8, 2-0) swept their conference-opening weekend, picking up wins over Florida Gulf Coast and Stetson.
ETSU took down FGCU, 5-2, Friday, March 14 before notching a commanding 7-0 win over Stetson Saturday.
Five ETSU players went unbeaten over the weekend, with Roger Ordeig, David Biosca, Sebastian Yllera, Conner Huertas Del Pino, and Ricordo Pabon combining to post an 11-0 record in singles and doubles play.
After tallying a 3-1 record during the month of February, the Mountaineers (4-6, 1-0) have lost four of five matches in March, including four consecutive losses.
Appalachian State has gone 28-32 in singles play this spring, while recording a 13-13 doubles record.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care