Chin, Evans post strong finishes; ETSU women place fourth
ETSU sophomore Vivienne Chin fired a team-low round of 74 in the third and final round of the 3M Lady Jaguar Intercollegiate Saturday at the Forest Hills Golf Club, helping the 46th-ranked Buccaneers to a fourth place finish on the team leaderboard.
Forced to play 36 holes on Saturday due to the threat of poor weather conditions on Sunday, Chin also carded a second round score of 1-over-par 73, finishing in a tie for eighth place along with ETSU senior Sian Evans. Both Chin and Evans finished the three-round event at 225, eight strokes back of Mercer's Lacey Fears, who captured the individual title.
As a team, the Bucs finished just one stroke back of third place and 41st-ranked Kansas. ETSU did finish ahead of No. 34 GRU Augusta and No. 48 Illinois, while No. 14 Vanderbilt took home the team championship by 10 strokes over second-place Mercer.
"We learned a lot from today's 36 holes," said ETSU assistant coach Lauren Stratton, who is on the road with the team as head coach Stefanie Shelton is on maternity leave. "It was a challenging day mentally, but the girls battled all day. We now know what we need to work on before we leave for John's Island next weekend."
Along with Chin and Evans, junior Gabriella Wahl finished tied for 11th, having posted the team's best overall score of the day with an even-par 72 in the second round. Meanwhile, senior Lourdes Lopez finished tied for 39th and freshman Linda Dobele ended the even tied for 42nd.
The Bucs will return to action on Monday, March 24, at the Briar's Creek Invitational in John's Island, S.C. For more on ETSU women's golf throughout the 2013-14 spring season
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Online magazine promotes healthy habits
- Buctainment co-sponsorship of campus events garners greater event attention
- Charles Towne Belles inspires faith
- New exhibitions coming to Reece
- Club soccer team begins at ETSU
- Oshoniyi coaches in 2015 adidas MLS Combine
- I ate my roommate’s girlfriend’s candy, he cried
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor