Chin, Evans post strong finishes; ETSU women place fourth
ETSU sophomore Vivienne Chin fired a team-low round of 74 in the third and final round of the 3M Lady Jaguar Intercollegiate Saturday at the Forest Hills Golf Club, helping the 46th-ranked Buccaneers to a fourth place finish on the team leaderboard.
Forced to play 36 holes on Saturday due to the threat of poor weather conditions on Sunday, Chin also carded a second round score of 1-over-par 73, finishing in a tie for eighth place along with ETSU senior Sian Evans. Both Chin and Evans finished the three-round event at 225, eight strokes back of Mercer's Lacey Fears, who captured the individual title.
As a team, the Bucs finished just one stroke back of third place and 41st-ranked Kansas. ETSU did finish ahead of No. 34 GRU Augusta and No. 48 Illinois, while No. 14 Vanderbilt took home the team championship by 10 strokes over second-place Mercer.
"We learned a lot from today's 36 holes," said ETSU assistant coach Lauren Stratton, who is on the road with the team as head coach Stefanie Shelton is on maternity leave. "It was a challenging day mentally, but the girls battled all day. We now know what we need to work on before we leave for John's Island next weekend."
Along with Chin and Evans, junior Gabriella Wahl finished tied for 11th, having posted the team's best overall score of the day with an even-par 72 in the second round. Meanwhile, senior Lourdes Lopez finished tied for 39th and freshman Linda Dobele ended the even tied for 42nd.
The Bucs will return to action on Monday, March 24, at the Briar's Creek Invitational in John's Island, S.C. For more on ETSU women's golf throughout the 2013-14 spring season
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- University lights campus for holidays
- Pink Floyd to release 'Endless River'
- '22 Jump Street' defies sequel reputation norms
- SGA will try to keep dead week lively
- Disability Services to create new policy increasing volunteer numbers
- ETSU considering two places for fine arts facility
- Fraternity placed under suspension
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge