ETSU unsure about placement of football stadium
ETSU is in the process of selecting a location for the football stadium.
Joe Smith, executive assistant to the president for university relations, said that the university is entertaining two potential locations for the stadium.
"The two possible locations for the football stadium that are being considered are the one near the facilities management building and the other at the practice fields near the soccer stadium," Smith said.
Smith said that the university estimates that construction of the football stadium will cost the university about $18 million; however, the design of the facility is still in the planning stage.
"East Tennessee State University is continuing to evaluate possible sites for the new football stadium as well as discuss potential designs for the facility," Smith said.
"The stadium will be located in one of two locations, and though the design has not been finalized, we envision a brick, 'bowl-shape' structure that will seat approximately 10,000 fans and will feature amenities that will be open to the campus throughout the year."
Smith said that more information will be made available after the university decides on the design and location for the football stadium.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Kristjansson returns for final season on men’s golf team
- Undergrad student focuses on holistic medicine
- Willow Tree offers inviting atmosphere for students
- ETSU gears up for Culp renovations
- Parking services seeking student input
- SGA executive laments lack of legislation
- Tennessee Promise has slight effect on enrollment
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move