ETSU unsure about placement of football stadium
ETSU is in the process of selecting a location for the football stadium.
Joe Smith, executive assistant to the president for university relations, said that the university is entertaining two potential locations for the stadium.
"The two possible locations for the football stadium that are being considered are the one near the facilities management building and the other at the practice fields near the soccer stadium," Smith said.
Smith said that the university estimates that construction of the football stadium will cost the university about $18 million; however, the design of the facility is still in the planning stage.
"East Tennessee State University is continuing to evaluate possible sites for the new football stadium as well as discuss potential designs for the facility," Smith said.
"The stadium will be located in one of two locations, and though the design has not been finalized, we envision a brick, 'bowl-shape' structure that will seat approximately 10,000 fans and will feature amenities that will be open to the campus throughout the year."
Smith said that more information will be made available after the university decides on the design and location for the football stadium.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
- The Eyes Have It -- New Corrective Lens Marks Vision...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards