SGA fails to achieve quorum after moving meeting rooms
When the ETSU Student Government Association Senate was forced to move from the Forum Room in the D.P. Culp University Center during its meeting on March 25 to make room for another organization, the Senate failed to achieve quorum when it reconvened in another location.
The Senate had been discussing several internal issues, including the alteration of the SGA Constitution.
Sen. Katie Starrett voiced concern about the group failing to achieve quorum after the move at the Senate's April 1 meeting.
"For all of you who complained about how long this took today, we had a meeting after this meeting in the SORC last week, and we were supposed to have enough people to make quorum so we didn't have to do what we did today," Starrett said. "However, thanks to about three or four people that did not raise their hands to say that they could not be there, you had to sit through this meeting today."
Starrett said that due to the lack of quorum, the SGA Senate did not accomplish everything that it wanted to accomplish at its March 25 meeting and had to push certain items to the next meeting.
"Do not be an irresponsible senator," Starrett said. "You took this seat from someone who probably really wanted it. I run in a college with one seat normally against about five other people, and I love my Senate seat. So, if you're going to be a senator, be a senator."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists