SGA fails to achieve quorum after moving meeting rooms
When the ETSU Student Government Association Senate was forced to move from the Forum Room in the D.P. Culp University Center during its meeting on March 25 to make room for another organization, the Senate failed to achieve quorum when it reconvened in another location.
The Senate had been discussing several internal issues, including the alteration of the SGA Constitution.
Sen. Katie Starrett voiced concern about the group failing to achieve quorum after the move at the Senate's April 1 meeting.
"For all of you who complained about how long this took today, we had a meeting after this meeting in the SORC last week, and we were supposed to have enough people to make quorum so we didn't have to do what we did today," Starrett said. "However, thanks to about three or four people that did not raise their hands to say that they could not be there, you had to sit through this meeting today."
Starrett said that due to the lack of quorum, the SGA Senate did not accomplish everything that it wanted to accomplish at its March 25 meeting and had to push certain items to the next meeting.
"Do not be an irresponsible senator," Starrett said. "You took this seat from someone who probably really wanted it. I run in a college with one seat normally against about five other people, and I love my Senate seat. So, if you're going to be a senator, be a senator."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- University lights campus for holidays
- Pink Floyd to release 'Endless River'
- '22 Jump Street' defies sequel reputation norms
- SGA will try to keep dead week lively
- Disability Services to create new policy increasing volunteer numbers
- ETSU considering two places for fine arts facility
- Fraternity placed under suspension
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge