SGA fails to achieve quorum after moving meeting rooms
When the ETSU Student Government Association Senate was forced to move from the Forum Room in the D.P. Culp University Center during its meeting on March 25 to make room for another organization, the Senate failed to achieve quorum when it reconvened in another location.
The Senate had been discussing several internal issues, including the alteration of the SGA Constitution.
Sen. Katie Starrett voiced concern about the group failing to achieve quorum after the move at the Senate's April 1 meeting.
"For all of you who complained about how long this took today, we had a meeting after this meeting in the SORC last week, and we were supposed to have enough people to make quorum so we didn't have to do what we did today," Starrett said. "However, thanks to about three or four people that did not raise their hands to say that they could not be there, you had to sit through this meeting today."
Starrett said that due to the lack of quorum, the SGA Senate did not accomplish everything that it wanted to accomplish at its March 25 meeting and had to push certain items to the next meeting.
"Do not be an irresponsible senator," Starrett said. "You took this seat from someone who probably really wanted it. I run in a college with one seat normally against about five other people, and I love my Senate seat. So, if you're going to be a senator, be a senator."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections