SGA fails to achieve quorum after moving meeting rooms
When the ETSU Student Government Association Senate was forced to move from the Forum Room in the D.P. Culp University Center during its meeting on March 25 to make room for another organization, the Senate failed to achieve quorum when it reconvened in another location.
The Senate had been discussing several internal issues, including the alteration of the SGA Constitution.
Sen. Katie Starrett voiced concern about the group failing to achieve quorum after the move at the Senate's April 1 meeting.
"For all of you who complained about how long this took today, we had a meeting after this meeting in the SORC last week, and we were supposed to have enough people to make quorum so we didn't have to do what we did today," Starrett said. "However, thanks to about three or four people that did not raise their hands to say that they could not be there, you had to sit through this meeting today."
Starrett said that due to the lack of quorum, the SGA Senate did not accomplish everything that it wanted to accomplish at its March 25 meeting and had to push certain items to the next meeting.
"Do not be an irresponsible senator," Starrett said. "You took this seat from someone who probably really wanted it. I run in a college with one seat normally against about five other people, and I love my Senate seat. So, if you're going to be a senator, be a senator."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Bucs shutout Keydets
- Buc’s men’s soccer ties Wofford Bears, 3-3
- Lady Bucs defeat Wofford
- ‘It’s a Girl’ addresses gendercide
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ game has become Nintendo’s kingmaker
- Volunteers needed for fall carnival that will take place Oct. 24
- Meditation aids in relaxation, improvement of mental, physical health
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”