Track, field rallies in Raleigh, places in top 10 in seven events
The ETSU track & field program regrouped after a strong performance on Friday with another satisfactory display.
Featuring eight top-10 finishes in seven different events, on the final day of action at the Raleigh Relays on Saturday at the Paul Derr Track & Field Facility on the North Carolina State University campus.
Following strong individual performances yesterday, the Buccaneers were able to find some successes in relay events on Saturday.
On the men's side, the team of Ryan Jones, Thomas Miller, Filip Jalovy and Desmond Pierce took the top spot in the 4x800 meter relay with a time of 7:36.34.
In addition, the squad of Angus Baldwin, Simeon Roberts, Matt Warriner and Adam Chase raced to an eighth-place standing in the 4x1500 meter relay with a 16:09.77 time.
The men also found some achievement in the field with freshman Hunter Boone leaping to a mark of 13.24 meters in the triple jump.
For the women, ETSU turned in impressive performances, as well, in the field with four top-10 finishes.
The Bucs were mainstays near the top of the standings in the pole vault with Ashley Kessler placing first with a collegiate-best vault of 3.65 meters.
Verena Tobis followed Friday's top-10 finish in the discus throw with an impressive 43.23 meter toss in the javelin throw to earn second in the event on Saturday.
Also in the field, Lexie Burley leapt to a mark of 12.14 meters in the triple jump invite.
After placing second in the event prelims on Friday, Dede Edgecombe dashed to a sixth-place finish in the 100 meter hurdle finals today with a 13.73 time.
The Bucs will begin the outdoor season April 4-5, at the Florida Relays in Gainesville on the University of Florida campus.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Not Seeing a Chiropractor Could Cost You
- Steampunk Steamrolls Into Living Rooms Nationwide
- Modern-Day Party Do's and Don'ts
- Taking Care of Your Child's Eyes in Today's Digitally...
- Will the Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Survey Shows Americans' Views on Dental Hygiene Differ by...
- Fire Away: How to Prepare For Hunting Season
- Novel Program Brings Hope to African Nation
- What Health Care Really Costs
- Millennials Cited for Rise in ETF Popularity
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS