Track, field rallies in Raleigh, places in top 10 in seven events
The ETSU track & field program regrouped after a strong performance on Friday with another satisfactory display.
Featuring eight top-10 finishes in seven different events, on the final day of action at the Raleigh Relays on Saturday at the Paul Derr Track & Field Facility on the North Carolina State University campus.
Following strong individual performances yesterday, the Buccaneers were able to find some successes in relay events on Saturday.
On the men's side, the team of Ryan Jones, Thomas Miller, Filip Jalovy and Desmond Pierce took the top spot in the 4x800 meter relay with a time of 7:36.34.
In addition, the squad of Angus Baldwin, Simeon Roberts, Matt Warriner and Adam Chase raced to an eighth-place standing in the 4x1500 meter relay with a 16:09.77 time.
The men also found some achievement in the field with freshman Hunter Boone leaping to a mark of 13.24 meters in the triple jump.
For the women, ETSU turned in impressive performances, as well, in the field with four top-10 finishes.
The Bucs were mainstays near the top of the standings in the pole vault with Ashley Kessler placing first with a collegiate-best vault of 3.65 meters.
Verena Tobis followed Friday's top-10 finish in the discus throw with an impressive 43.23 meter toss in the javelin throw to earn second in the event on Saturday.
Also in the field, Lexie Burley leapt to a mark of 12.14 meters in the triple jump invite.
After placing second in the event prelims on Friday, Dede Edgecombe dashed to a sixth-place finish in the 100 meter hurdle finals today with a 13.73 time.
The Bucs will begin the outdoor season April 4-5, at the Florida Relays in Gainesville on the University of Florida campus.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Bucs shutout Keydets
- Buc’s men’s soccer ties Wofford Bears, 3-3
- Lady Bucs defeat Wofford
- ‘It’s a Girl’ addresses gendercide
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ game has become Nintendo’s kingmaker
- Volunteers needed for fall carnival that will take place Oct. 24
- Meditation aids in relaxation, improvement of mental, physical health
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”