Track, field rallies in Raleigh, places in top 10 in seven events
The ETSU track & field program regrouped after a strong performance on Friday with another satisfactory display.
Featuring eight top-10 finishes in seven different events, on the final day of action at the Raleigh Relays on Saturday at the Paul Derr Track & Field Facility on the North Carolina State University campus.
Following strong individual performances yesterday, the Buccaneers were able to find some successes in relay events on Saturday.
On the men's side, the team of Ryan Jones, Thomas Miller, Filip Jalovy and Desmond Pierce took the top spot in the 4x800 meter relay with a time of 7:36.34.
In addition, the squad of Angus Baldwin, Simeon Roberts, Matt Warriner and Adam Chase raced to an eighth-place standing in the 4x1500 meter relay with a 16:09.77 time.
The men also found some achievement in the field with freshman Hunter Boone leaping to a mark of 13.24 meters in the triple jump.
For the women, ETSU turned in impressive performances, as well, in the field with four top-10 finishes.
The Bucs were mainstays near the top of the standings in the pole vault with Ashley Kessler placing first with a collegiate-best vault of 3.65 meters.
Verena Tobis followed Friday's top-10 finish in the discus throw with an impressive 43.23 meter toss in the javelin throw to earn second in the event on Saturday.
Also in the field, Lexie Burley leapt to a mark of 12.14 meters in the triple jump invite.
After placing second in the event prelims on Friday, Dede Edgecombe dashed to a sixth-place finish in the 100 meter hurdle finals today with a 13.73 time.
The Bucs will begin the outdoor season April 4-5, at the Florida Relays in Gainesville on the University of Florida campus.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”