Track, field rallies in Raleigh, places in top 10 in seven events
The ETSU track & field program regrouped after a strong performance on Friday with another satisfactory display.
Featuring eight top-10 finishes in seven different events, on the final day of action at the Raleigh Relays on Saturday at the Paul Derr Track & Field Facility on the North Carolina State University campus.
Following strong individual performances yesterday, the Buccaneers were able to find some successes in relay events on Saturday.
On the men's side, the team of Ryan Jones, Thomas Miller, Filip Jalovy and Desmond Pierce took the top spot in the 4x800 meter relay with a time of 7:36.34.
In addition, the squad of Angus Baldwin, Simeon Roberts, Matt Warriner and Adam Chase raced to an eighth-place standing in the 4x1500 meter relay with a 16:09.77 time.
The men also found some achievement in the field with freshman Hunter Boone leaping to a mark of 13.24 meters in the triple jump.
For the women, ETSU turned in impressive performances, as well, in the field with four top-10 finishes.
The Bucs were mainstays near the top of the standings in the pole vault with Ashley Kessler placing first with a collegiate-best vault of 3.65 meters.
Verena Tobis followed Friday's top-10 finish in the discus throw with an impressive 43.23 meter toss in the javelin throw to earn second in the event on Saturday.
Also in the field, Lexie Burley leapt to a mark of 12.14 meters in the triple jump invite.
After placing second in the event prelims on Friday, Dede Edgecombe dashed to a sixth-place finish in the 100 meter hurdle finals today with a 13.73 time.
The Bucs will begin the outdoor season April 4-5, at the Florida Relays in Gainesville on the University of Florida campus.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 6 Tips for Planning Your Wedding Photos Like a Pro
- High OCTANe Event Comes to Calif., Brings Businesses,...
- A Novel Innovation Hub for Africa
- Want a Cleaner Home? Easy-to-Clean Carpeting Is Key
- Bee Safe While Gardening to Protect Pollinators
- Military Seeks Better Alternatives for Treating Pain...
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Route Plan Paris Brings Maps and a Metro Route Planner to Android
- NYT Bestselling Author Martin Yate's Book for Graduates
- Deadline Approaching for Scholarship Program Benefitting First-Year Law Students
- HEROES OF THE DORM™: THE UC BERKELEY GOLDEN BEARS ARE HEROES OF THE STORM™ COLLEGIATE CHAMPIONS
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!