The perils and pitfalls of mixing friendships with business
There is no doubt that we all want friends that we can count on no matter what the situation is.
Everybody wants the type of friend that they can be themselves around, and say or do anything without having to worry about the judgment of the other person.
That type of friend is pretty rare these days.
However, if we are lucky enough to find a friend like that, why not do business with them as well?
After all, that person is your best friend and would do anything for you.
Surely they wouldn't do you wrong in a business deal.
Actually, business and friendships should always be kept separate if you want the friendship to continue.
It is an interesting matter in regards to why business and friendships never mix well.
Most of the time, people think that their friendships are so good that a little business couldn't mess it up.
That may be the case sometimes, but it doesn't always work out that way.
Let's consider a couple of the reasons that business breaks up more friends than it should.
I would say that when a business deal of any kind comes up, people go into their natural state of watching out for themselves and their own good.
That just simply means they will protect themselves from getting the short end of the stick.
It is funny that such a good friend would make sure they come out ahead in a business deal, but it usually works out that way.
Another big reason that these two don't go hand-in-hand is because people sometimes hold back how they really feel in order to prevent feelings from being hurt.
For example, some people may worry about hurting their friend's feelings.
That can lead them to not wanting to speak out on a matter.
It doesn't mean they are happy if they don't say anything, but rather it could just mean they feel like they will just settle with however things are set.
On the other side of this spectrum, some people may understand that their friend isn't going to speak out against something and so they will push it as far in their favor as they can.
After all, close friends usually know everything about the other person's personality.
I am not saying that you shouldn't help a friend out if they really are in need.
For example, if they are late on their rent and need a little help, be a good friend and help them if you can.
Most people don't realize that there is a difference in that kind of loaning and loaning for something like expensive concert tickets.
Friends should never be taken for granted.
Furthermore, true friends are one of the most critical aspects of our lives.
Once we find these people that we can call true friends, we need to make sure that we never do anything to risk pushing these people away from us.
As always, follow me on Twitter @GatorZ25 and let me know what you thought about the article or what you want to see in future issues. Stay safe and God Bless!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Online magazine promotes healthy habits
- Buctainment co-sponsorship of campus events garners greater event attention
- Charles Towne Belles inspires faith
- New exhibitions coming to Reece
- Club soccer team begins at ETSU
- Oshoniyi coaches in 2015 adidas MLS Combine
- I ate my roommate’s girlfriend’s candy, he cried
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor