Texting ruins relationships
Text messaging has changed communication in dramatic ways, and now in the year 2012, it seems that everyone has a smart phone, or at least some kind of cell phone, texting away at will. Text messaging has generally proven to be useful to us and most of us do it a lot these days.
But there are also some reasons why text messaging has produced bad results in the way we interact with one another.
The nature of the text message is not personal at all because it seems that its basically communication done in an efficient way in the fastest manner possible. The problem with this is that there seems to be less emotion to conversation in general through text. It just seems to take out many factors that make conversations with friends enjoyable. Another problem there seems to be with texting is that many couples now find themselves trying to have important conversations with one another through trivial texting frenzies. Relatives and friends have conflicts and now seem to attempt to resolve them through text messaging, which more times than not produces bad results with trying to maintain relationships of any kind.
Also, it can be rude at times. No one should ever text away when going on a first date or when they first meet someone at all. It seems to show disinterest and causes an uncomfortable vibe in social situations.
This can also be said for talking on the phone with friends excessively, but these days, it seems that younger people use texting much more than talking on the phone because one conversation that would take two minutes on the phone could take half an hour through texting back and forth.
It's very apparent and like I said, rude. I'm not old fashioned by any means but we shouldn't let our phones take away our real social skills.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses