Bucs finish second at Seahawk Intercollegiate
Due to cold and rainy conditions in Wilmington, N.C., the final round of the Seahawk Intercollegiate was cancelled on Monday morning at the Country Club of Landfall.
Overall, the ETSU men's golf team finished second with a team score of 3-over-par 579 (279-300), while sophomore Gudmundur Kristjansson tied for second at 2-under-par 142.
The Buccaneer sophomore shot a 5-under 67 in the opening round and battled harsh conditions in round two on Sunday to card a 3-over 75.
South Carolina won the tournament after breaking two tournament records on Sunday.
The 25th-ranked Gamecocks registered a 36-hole score of 16-under-par 560 to win the tournament by 19 strokes.
The 36-hole score set a new tournament record, while South Carolina's opening round total of 15-under 273 was also the lowest round in tournament history.
The Gamecocks also won the individual title as sophomore Will Starke finished at 7-under 137, and won the tournament by one-stroke over Davidson's Sam Echikson. Starke and Echikson fired an 8-under 64 in the opening round, which also set new tournament marks, while Starke's 137 was the lowest 36-hole score by at golfer at the Seahawk Intercollegiate.
ETSU sophomore Adrian Meronk tied for eighth at 1-under-par 143. Like Kristjansson, Meronk also finished with a 75 in the second round, while posting a 4-under 68 in the opener.
As a team, the Blue and Gold finished higher than No. 52 Louisville and No. 69 Ohio State, while Kristjansson and Meronk were one of nine golfers to finish below par.
The Bucs return to action on April 4 when ETSU heads to Nashville for the Mason Rudolph Invitational.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Freshman admission rises from last year
- SGA president vetoes Sex Week legislation
- SGA wanted to keep BUC Fund
- Be grateful for those around you
- Don’t settle because you’re scared to fail and do your best in all...
- Semicolons teach a special lesson
- University’s commitment to a dry campus is a joke to students
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”