Student volunteers help university, library save money
The Fall Communication Scholarship Showcase featured the Department of Communication’s level of activity and many emerging scholarly publications.
The Student Advisory Council took charge of repainting nine of the group study rooms of the second, third and fourth floors in the Sherrod Library on Feb. 29 in hopes of deflating the cost of hiring outside work to complete the job. The total cost of the project was expected to be $9,000. Seventeen student volunteers worked two shifts to finish the project, painting the rooms in cool blue and green colors, saving the library and university almost $8,500. Now students can study in a fresh and colorful environment.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 6 Tips for Planning Your Wedding Photos Like a Pro
- High OCTANe Event Comes to Calif., Brings Businesses,...
- A Novel Innovation Hub for Africa
- Want a Cleaner Home? Easy-to-Clean Carpeting Is Key
- Bee Safe While Gardening to Protect Pollinators
- Military Seeks Better Alternatives for Treating Pain...
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Scholarship Program Benefitting First-Year Law Students
- HEROES OF THE DORM™: THE UC BERKELEY GOLDEN BEARS ARE HEROES OF THE STORM™ COLLEGIATE CHAMPIONS
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month