Student volunteers help university, library save money
The Fall Communication Scholarship Showcase featured the Department of Communication’s level of activity and many emerging scholarly publications.
The Student Advisory Council took charge of repainting nine of the group study rooms of the second, third and fourth floors in the Sherrod Library on Feb. 29 in hopes of deflating the cost of hiring outside work to complete the job. The total cost of the project was expected to be $9,000. Seventeen student volunteers worked two shifts to finish the project, painting the rooms in cool blue and green colors, saving the library and university almost $8,500. Now students can study in a fresh and colorful environment.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU Farmers’ Market seeks musicians for upcoming season
- Guitarist will perform at ETSU
- 14 students attend open forums about Culp renovation
- Senate passes resolution allowing students to write on office window
- ETSU tennis team 2-0 in Southern Conference
- Lady Bucs end season with loss to NC State
- ETSU announces stadium location
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...