Student volunteers help university, library save money
The Fall Communication Scholarship Showcase featured the Department of Communication’s level of activity and many emerging scholarly publications.
The Student Advisory Council took charge of repainting nine of the group study rooms of the second, third and fourth floors in the Sherrod Library on Feb. 29 in hopes of deflating the cost of hiring outside work to complete the job. The total cost of the project was expected to be $9,000. Seventeen student volunteers worked two shifts to finish the project, painting the rooms in cool blue and green colors, saving the library and university almost $8,500. Now students can study in a fresh and colorful environment.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...