Student volunteers help university, library save money
The Fall Communication Scholarship Showcase featured the Department of Communication’s level of activity and many emerging scholarly publications.
The Student Advisory Council took charge of repainting nine of the group study rooms of the second, third and fourth floors in the Sherrod Library on Feb. 29 in hopes of deflating the cost of hiring outside work to complete the job. The total cost of the project was expected to be $9,000. Seventeen student volunteers worked two shifts to finish the project, painting the rooms in cool blue and green colors, saving the library and university almost $8,500. Now students can study in a fresh and colorful environment.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- University cleared after being accused of research missteps, plans to improve
- The Jubilee solution will eliminate the student loan crisis
- SGA has insight for students
- Public safety waiting for info on sexual assaults
- Halloween movies to impress moviegoers
- Defining your measure of worth
- Small groups can turn into big voices
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!