ETSU student chosen to perform in Paris
This year there are more young people voting than there has been since 1972, when the law was changed to allow 18-year-olds to vote. sxc.hu
ETSU student Tatum Spears, soprano, was chosen to join the Franco-American Vocal Academy summer opera program in Paris and PÃ©rigueux, France.
She will be singing the role of ParthÃ©nis in a fully staged production of Jacques Offenbach's La Belle HÃ©lÃ¨ne, an opera in three acts.
The various programs at FAVA strive to further develop young opera singers as musicians, actors, and artists.
The Academy's President, William Lewis, is a heralded leading tenor of the Metropolitan Opera in New York City from 1957 to 1992.
The Academy's vice president, Frederique Added, is a Parisian soprano who specializes in French MÃ©lodies.
The FAVA in France Program is a six-week intensive study program that includes voice lessons, coaching, role preparation, French language study, master classes, dance and movement, career building, as well as participation in the French Art Songs Recitals and the Isabelle Aboulker Soiree.
Spears is currently a senior undergraduate student at ETSU, where she is studying vocal performance under Dr. Sun-Joo Oh. She will graduate from ETSU in May with a bachelor's degree in music.
Spears is a member and section leader of the ETSU Chorale and the ETSU Opera Workshop.
Earlier this year, Spears participated in the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina, where she received the Frances Shafter Recognition Award.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?